Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No More Holes :)

I got the holes that I created filled in.  It wasn't that bad but I sure procrastinated it.  I kind of got wrapped up in another quilt.  Unfortunately, piecing those holes didn't sound that fun so it just kept putting it aside.  But now it is done and I am so excited to get this quilt finished up.  I have to make 20 more 4 patches and then just put the border together with the star points I unpick-ed.  Stay tuned for the completed top.  I am toying with the idea of adding a leaf appliqué to each of the large snowball blocks.  What do you think???


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I know NOTHING about quilts, but I think a leaf applique would be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Melissa. I think it looks perfect without the leaves.

    I'm just curious. Did you patch up the holes as they were? I'm still new to quilting to so I can't imagine how you did it. I probably would have had to take the entire outer edge apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Regina,

    I didn't take apart the entire edge, just took out enough stitches to give me a straight edge to work with. I have done it once before but it is a little tricky, but still better than taking the entire block apart :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa