Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keep On The Sunny Side

Okay, so last week was a bear!!  I had my email comprised that I had for 10 years and trying to change over to a new one took way more time than I would have liked.  And maybe it is stupid, but I was really attached to that email address.  Just when I thought I was done with that, I lost all of my pictures, on all of my blogs, including my posts on the MBS.  Sigh, could it get worse??  I really should not have asked, because right after finding that out, I realized my toes were hurting like crazy and looked to find that they had gotten infected.  Argghh!!

BUT that was last week, and it is a new week!  ***  I am determined to move on and look on the Sunny Side of these situations!  So here it is :)

1 - I have all but 4 of my pictures back on my quilting blog.  Those 4 apparently were permanently deleted.  And I figure a weekend to get back up and running ain't bad at all.

2 - While redoing my blog I learned a ton about PDF's and blogs in general. I linked a more paper efficient I Spy tutorial, and redid my quilt archive to what I originally had planned and am much happier with the results.

3 - I have created new Bake Shop tutorials to replace the old broken ones and they are now up, complete with pictures.  (although, little downer, I lost all of the beautiful comments people wrote me about those quilts, but there was nothing to do about it, sigh)  I am all set back up with the Moda Bake Shop and have 2 tutorials in the pipeline :)

4 - The minute I found out my toes were infected I was able to get  antibiotics called in and our good friends offered to have us over for dinner and games so I wouldn't have to be on my feet.  Isn't that sweet!!

5 - And this has nothing to do with the "situations" but certainly brightened my outlook on life when I really had some dark clouds circling.  I found out Sunday that I won a Freebird Charm Pack  from Mariliz's Musing.  Thank you Mariliz, I can't wait to start a project with these super fun and happy prints!!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Well up and onward. Good for you for trying to have a brighter outlook. I hope that this week is a better one for you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's been rough for you. One thing is for certain though.....fabric is good therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is beautifully cheerful! Isn't it strange how bad things always happen all at once?

    Here's hoping this week is a much happier one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no that is just awful. I am having a charm pack giveaway on my blog as well until next week. After seeing what you did with the Chubby Stars I would love to see what you do with charm packs. Love the blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you won and it made you smile. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa