Friday, February 24, 2012

Swaps - My New Addiction

So I can't believe I waited so long to join in swaps.  They are so much fun!!!  I can now show you what I have been working on since my partners have received their parcels :)  

First is the Pillow Talk Swap :)  My partner, (Elaine aka Messygoat) left me a mosiac of rainbows and modern style.  I stalked her flickr account and found this pillow :)  And then I cam up with this idea to go with it :)  I was hoping the lots of white with pops of color would offset it well :)  And guess what, she loved it!!!  I am so excited.  I mean what can be better than stalking someone and trying to figure out what they would love, and then actually hitting the mark.  Yippee Skippee :)  


Here is a close up of the quilting.  I did echo quilting of the shapes in the white space.  This was so much fun!!!


And here is a shot of the black.  I added the black for a little pop.  And the binding was so much fun to put on.  It is also the first time I have done rounded edges.  I always run down to my MIL for help with those but this time, I managed on my own :)


The next swap was the Name Game Swap.  This was a swap where you designed a mini quilt around your partners "Quilting Name" and make them an adorable wall hanging for their studio.  My partner (Linda aka SewLindaAnn) posted a mosiac of rainbows and raw edge quilting.  From her inspiration I came up with this concept :)


The idea is that no matter how rainy or gloomy a day seams, there is nothing like a bit of sewing to turn the day around and make everything rosy :)  And Linda loved it!! She sent me the sweetest email with her appreciation and her words so made my month!!!  Sweet words like that remind me of why I loved all of this online quilting craziness :)  So basically, things couldn't have worked out more perfect!!!

I am now looking forward to see what comes back this way :)  I will for sure be posting it as soon as it does.  And in the mean time, I think I will be looking for another swap to join ;)  I can tell these are going to be addicting :)
Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. I love swaps and have not only received so many lovelies, but more importantly made some great quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great addiction... My kind of stuff... Fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda's wall hanging is very lovely, but I amd in LOVE with that pillow! How awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice. I haven't joined any swaps yet myself but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your name game! And that pillow (other than white would be gray here in minutes LOL) LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are beautiful and perfect for the recipient. Swaps really are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fabulous projects! Love the use of colour in each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you have lucky partners!!! Both of your projects are so cute and perfect for them! I really love the name wall hanging - I must do that for my sewing room! And it would be great for gifts to friends.... my head's whirling =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Love that pillow....and the piece you did for Linda is beautiful...any tutorials coming up on these.....???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling swap gifts! I love how creative your ideas are! And great colors too!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowwww, you did a great job. They are both gorgeous. But the quilting name mini is fantastic. What a joy it must have been to unwrap the swap parcel and find this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did!! I want one too

    ReplyDelete
  13. That wall hanging is just beautiful - I love your ideas! What a great way to brighten up a sewing corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these projects are just too cute for words. You swap recipients are very lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like you, I've just ventured into the world of swaps and so far sogood. I've loved making my items but this last time I mailed to the wrong address! I was so embarrassed but thankfully it was to another quilting friend whom I had mailed to before so she simply forwarded to the correct owner. So...watch who you address to!! LOL
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both projects! You really are very talented. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the fabric choices on that name swap - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you like swaps, check out the new doll quilt swap we're starting in April. http://dollquilters.blogspot.com

    The pillow is gorgeous. Love the quilting and the color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't swaps fun? So much excitement and anticipation, and hoping you got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just finished a fabric swap, but I'd love to get involved with a project swap. How do I find these? I only seem to come across them when they're already in full swing or when they're not accepting uninvited participants.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH-MY-WORD!!! I love these!!! Especially the wall hanging!!! That's going on my bucket list!!! Any tutorials in the future for these beauties??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now aren't you just the most creative! Love the pilow to pieces and hope you'll come out with a tut of it...hint, hint!! So cute to have the clouds and raindrops the same and then have the flowers bloom in those colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of these projects are beautiful! I especially love the name game! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this Melissa...truly unique like you

    ReplyDelete
  25. Swaps are so much fun! I have done a few and I love them. Both of your items are wonderful. Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa