Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Playing with the Northern Modern Quilt Guilds!!!

So this weekend the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild and South Jordan Modern Quilt Guild held there first ever joint Sewing Saturday!!  5 hours of sewing to your hearts content with an amazing group of ladies!!  Yup, that was enough to convince me to declare a visit to Grandma's for the weekend.

 

I had so much fun!!!  Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!  In fact, I had so much fun I forgot to take pictures of everyone I got to sew with.  Typical huh :)  Sorry.  It is just so nice to sew while chatting with friends who share the same passion as you do!!!  They totally get this weird crazy obsession for fabric.    I made some new friends as well and that was totally awesome!!! Thank you to both Guilds for letting me come and and pretend to be a Northerner so I could join the party.  Me thinks we need a Southern Utah Modern Quilt Guild!!!  Anyone out there interested???

Oh, I so I don't leave without a picture, this is the stack of fabrics that I was working with on Saturday.  Aren't they fun!!!!   I pulled the last 7 first, they are from Amanda Murphy's line Veranda.  Then I needed a little more fabric so I added the Aviary and Dots to go with it.   I will show you more in a month, think awesome tutorial :)


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Yum! Love your fabrics! Great tut on the previous post, by the way...I love that method. I put those into every purse and tote that I make, whether it calls for a zip pocket or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had fun, shame on you not taking pictures!
    Such gorgeous fabric! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda aka wildyardMay 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

    Oh My, What I would love to have from Intrepid Threads, or anywhere really, LOL, would be a jelly roll and a matching layer cake because I want to make the cool quilt that Jenny Doan showed on their latest tutorial.
    Buying precuts is just not in my budget so that's why I just have to wish for them!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda aka wildyardMay 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM

    I do already get the Intrepid Thread newsletter. I love how you all cooperate with one another!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Summersville prints, all of them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up for her newsletter. I have ordered fabric from her before with no problems. Thanks for the chance for the cool fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking today that you said you were pondering the idea of a Southern UT MQG and I AM interested!!! I think it would be a lot of FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa