Friday, February 1, 2013

Major Procrastination

I found out about 8 months ago that I would be teaching a class on my Braided Irish Chain quilt.  I was so excited!!  First thing I realized was that I was going to have to write a pattern for the class, especially because when I first submitted the design for the class, I changed the size options to make it more  "bed size friendly"  .  Well, I procrastinated, and procrastinated.  And then I procrastinated a little bit more.    And finally, the week before the class, I sat down and started writing the pattern.  I finished a day before the class :) Yup, all about last minute around these parts ;)  And I am so linking this finish up to Amanda's ;)


 I originally intended to write this pattern for just a California King size and a Queen size, but once I got going I couldn't stop.  So the pattern actually has 6 sizes, others sizes include Baby, Lap, Twin, and King.  The pattern also goes over detailed instructions on how to strip piece each size to help save tons of time in stitching.


I am so happy to have finally finished this!!  I will be honest, pattern writing, not so much fun for me.  But I loved seeing all of the finishes from my class yesterday so that makes it worth it ;)   I have always loved this quilt design and now I totally want to make it in a baby size for a good friend who is expecting.  I just need to wait to find out if it is a girl or a boy.


I have listed this pattern at a temporary discounted price of $6.00.  I will keep it at this price until Valentine's Day, and then it will be listed at my regular pattern price of $7.50. Patterns can be found here.

Purchase pattern from Craftsy - Instant Download

Purchase pattern from Etsy - Emailed within 24 hours.

I so appreciate all of the kind comments that I have been sent my way on this design.  It really is one of my favorite designs I have created and will always have a special place in my heart as it was my first official teaching opportunity.  I hope you like it too :)  Have a Happy Quilting Weekend!!




Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. oh wow. my favorite simple Celtic pinwheel quilting motif in a pieced block--amazing! thanks! going on the to-do list.
    goal this weekend? download this pattern, quilt background flames on little fire truck quilts, and do the Starburst flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pattern.I have bought and printed it, next I have to make this. I have been looking for the "right" pattern to make for 2 sweet nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pattern! It's so amazing to me the amount of things you get done with kids and baby to take care of! Loved seeing everyone's version 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all battle procrastination in some way! You are not the Lone Ranger there:) It is a very pretty pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be such a neat baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will grab the pattern and put on my to-do list. I want to make this one for a housewarming gift for my daughter who will be moving into her new house soon. She is going to love all the white and scrapiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa