Friday, February 22, 2013

Starburst Quilt Back

Well, I decided that my Starburst Quilt is going to be quilted via a Long Arm.  And, I figured, why not turn it into a little girls day out!  So come Monday, my Mom, my Mother-In-Law and I will be cruising on down the I-15 to have a little date at Let's Quilt!!  Oh, I am so excited for another Long-Arm Adventure!!  I have absolutely fallen in love with working on those large machines!!   Both my Mom and my MIL have never quilted a quilt using a long-arm and they are so excited!!  We are guaranteed to have lot's of fun and I will try to remember to take pictures :)



So anyhow, in order to quilt this up . . . I need a quilt back!   I pulled some fabrics from the good ole stash in orange, pink, and black to match the top :)  I just love the look of a pieced quilt back.  They are always just so much fun!!



Have a Happy Quilting Weekend and I will catch up on Monday evening with all of the fun from the Girls Quilt Day Outing :)
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. What an exciting adventure! I didn't know that one could "rent" a longarm machine. I'll have to ask about that option here in Minnesota shops. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your outing - my quilt just came back from my longarmer and I am thrilled! The binding goes on this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful (big, I guess) blocks and very nice colours, also for the back.
    Have a nice monday!
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! They are so nice to work with, and those are my favorite longarm machines too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your LA excursion with your mom and MIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pieced backs too. Have fun. I too need to make a date at the long arm shop. Too many tops to quilt and always too little time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your quilt at Quiltcon. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa