Thursday, February 21, 2013

Virtual Quilt Bee

So have you heard about Amy's Smart's new Virtual Quilt Bee???  I love Amy!!  She is the nicest person in the whole world, and I am being totally serious.  I met Amy at the first Sewing Summit and we became fast friends.  So of course I was all, "Uh Yes a million times over" when she asked me to be a designer for the bee :)



The Virtual Bee will be a lot like a Block of the Month except it will be every other week.  And each post will be done by a new designer who will be hosting a tutorial for an 8" block.  The cool part is that the block will be done in 2 ways.   One block will have a  traditional feel using the incredibly fun Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille and One block with more of a modern flair using a monochromatic color palette of Kona Solids!!

  

This Bee is going to be super casual, allowing participants to do as much or as little as they feel up to.  You can read all about it here.  So whether you want to jump on board or just watch from the side lines you should check it out!!  We are going to have so much fun :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Exciting! I'm happy for you! and I'm thinking that your on your way to Hawaii as I type this and I'm so jealous! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Amy, she's just the nicest person, I was so glad I got to meet her at the last SS :o) (plus she brought me a pressie of some gorgeous fabric only available in the US) Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for the shout out Melissa! You are pretty much the nicest person too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa