Tuesday, February 12, 2013

X Marks the Spot

For this month's Beejeebers block Jamie asked us to make a Scrappy X Block.  She wrote up a fabulous tutorial here for it and it was a quick and a whole lot of fun to put together.  Double Bonus!!


I love scrappy blocks.  Using all these bright colors just made me smile!  I steered away from the tutorial just a bit here as I didn't bother to take the time to trim my scraps to size.  I just started piecing together whatever I had until it made a long enough row.  I love piecing like this.  There is something so freeing about it!!  And anything that uses up more scraps from my overflowing bins is always good.



 I trimmed the rows to the designated sizes and then it was ready to add background.


Before I knew it, I was done.   Jamie's quilt is going to be so fun with so much scrappy goodness.  Can't wait to see it all done :)


On a side note, I just love lattice quilts.  They are so pretty in their simplicity.  Keep an eye out, there will be a lattice tutorial with a twist soon :)
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Can't wait! That block is so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is very good quilt. you have used very good and bright color due to which its looking so good. very nice i will try this kind of color next time while making my quilt.
    Cosmetic Surgery India

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea - would work with selvage pieces as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh why didn't I think of that time-saving step! Brilliant! I got the block in the mail yesterday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa