Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Working

First off, Thank you for all your sweet comments on my Going Dutch Block and Tutorial!!!  You guys are the best!  And I am so excited to see so many of them popping up in the Virtual Quilting Bee Flickr group.  One of my favorite things about designing is seeing how different one block can look based on fabric choice and color placement!!  Seriously, if you have a sec, pop on over and check out the variations :)  So Fun!!


This weekend the sun finally came out and melted all the snow, which meant the family headed outside for some yard work.  And I tell you, my "yard work muscles" are feeling it today.  I was the pack mule for these bricks, all 100+ of them, yikes.   But it is worth it to see the transformation. One of these days, when we are finished,  (which means it could be a while) I will do a little before and after post :)


After the yard work, I did manage to get in a little evening sewing.  I transformed this fantastic Smore Love jelly roll by Eric and Julie Comstock for Moda which is absolutely fantastic!!!


Into these blocks, which sadly, I can't show any more of.  Yup, another secret project, but at least this one is only a few months)


All in all, a pretty fantastic weekend.  I hope you all have a Wonderful Weekend as well and here it so a Marvelous Monday!!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend. I did some yard work as well and did not realize the muscles I used for raking. Boy, am I out of shape!! Yikes! That brickwork is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see the before and afters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Spring is arriving in your town. That's a lot of hard work. The project must be for Market? Wish I was going since it is only 4.5" hours from me this time. Guess my curiosity will have to wait until you reveal it to us here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you have kids for the lifting and shifting work? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch!! I'm sure your kids helped some, but it's hard to keep them working on such a hard project, especially when they aren't that strong!! Good luck on feeling better from the work-out! And we've had really hot weather here in the SF north bay this weekend: today (Mon) I've turned on the AC: the temp yesterday was 89 degrees (yuck!!) And is there a specific fabric line that you used for the print version of your Going Dutch block? I really like that fabric! thanks!! Helen in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa