Friday, September 6, 2013

Tetris from a While Back

So this poor quilt sort of got forgotten.  Forgotten to be quilted for almost a year and then forgotten to be posted for about 2 months.   Do you remember the Tetris Quilt-A-Long that finished clear back in Sept of 2012 (like as in a year ago)??  Well my top got set into a pile of to be quilted, and sadly stayed there for a long time.  That is until my MIL's new long arm came.  This was the first quilt top to be loaded and it was great for trying out all kinds of stitches.


We pretty much did a different stitch in every tetris piece.  So ya, you can find a whole lot of quilting variety in this one.  Pebbling, Loops, Feathers, these little Loopy Daisies.


Straight lines, Zig-zags, Basic Meanduring, Interlocking Squares, and these Interlocking Circles


Yup, it has a little bit of everything.  And the fun thing is that when I say WE, I really meant WE.  All of my Sister's In Law, my Mother In Law,  my Nieces, even my sons took a turn quilting up a space.  This is one of my cute little nieces squares.  She had so much fun!!


Once it was all quilted it came off the rollers and my wonderful MIL bound it.  All in all, a great finish that was the absolute perfect quilt top to try out the new long arm.  Now it is a happy little quilt that the kids love to wrap up in while watching movies because they helped with it.  It is so fun to watch them try and find their little space of quilting, love it!!


Have a Happy Quilting Weekend!!

Linking up to Sarah's and Amanda's :)
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. What a great quilt, such special quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great quilt. I love the idea of everyone being able to contribute to the quilting...it makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special. I love the idea of involving the whole family! And it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that everyone got to take a turn quilting it- and it really was the perfect quilt for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and happy quilt...and a priceless family memory. I'll bet it is one that your kids remember for always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome, Melissa! I love that everyone got a chance to quilt on it! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use it for practice. I haven't quilted mine yet, and need to get better at FMQ so I might tackle that one next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that you all got to have fun with the quilting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea getting all your family to have a 'play' with your MIL's new long arm!! Lots of happy memories to be had!! Thanks for reminding me that I have a few UFO's that I have forgotten about....I must go in search of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I love that the quilting on this one is truly a family sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun quilt, and I'm so impressed that you could let go enough to let the kids sew their own spots on it!! What a great mom and aunt!! :-) Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg PS are you teaching at the Quilting in St. George event? I just got a little promo email, but the teachers aren't all lined up yet, but I thought that maybe you knew if you were in on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like everyone had fun with it. I am working on quilting mine from the tetris quilt along so it was fun to see what you did with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely idea, kind of like an I Spy but for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa