Thursday, March 22, 2012

On The Go - A MBS Tutorial - Oh and TNT

Oh my goodness, am I excited about this new Moda Bake Shop Tutorial!!!!  I fell in love with the Ten Little Things line the minute I saw it.  I mean how often do you get fabric lines that just scream All Boy!!!  So I really tried to create a design that was in turn, All Boy.   So pop on over to the Moda Bake Shop and check out this step by step free tutorial for the On The Go baby boy quilt!!


Okay, before you pop on over, I will tell you a bit more about it :)  I did some cute applique on the back that is part of the tutorial as well.  I just love the cars print and so I had to throw in a car applique as well :)


And remember the new quilting design I showed on TNT a few weeks ago.  Well here it is again, but a whole lot easier to see :)  It really was a fun design to do and once I got the hang of it it wen't really fast :)  And I just love how it fits the "On The Go" theme and looks more boyish.


And like most of my MBS tutorials,  Leah at Burgundy Buttons has put together a fabulous On the Go Quilt Kit  that has everything you need to whip up your own On The Go quilt for a special little guy.  And as always, you can get it at great Burgundy Buttons prices :)  So there's another place to pop on over to :)


And last but certainly not least, we get to my Trying New Things for this week.  I really tried to do more of a "photo shoot" for this quilt.   And with that said, it is something that I will continue to keep trying to get better at.    But I really tried to take into consideration some of the things I learned at the Sewing Summit.   I also tried to take more time and play around with different prop settings (which is pretty new to me.)  This was another favorite layout.


So that is what I was up to this week.  How about you???  Go ahead and link up your TNT !!


 
 
Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. Love your On the Go quilt!!! The back is almost as cute as the front =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute quilt - i love it - perfect name and perfect for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's precious! for the cars to know where to turn, very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the On The Go quilt! I'm going over to the MBS right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design!!!! This one has lots of potential for kid's quilts. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is perfect for a boy. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is SUPER cute!! Definately on my to do list now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This boy quilt is just awesome! I love the arrows and the quilting too! The back is just as cute as the front! Thanks for sharing such a fun quilt!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  10. That boy quilt is AWESOME! It's so hard to find quilt inspiration when you have a boy - this is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great quilt, for a boy or anyone! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing to link as my machine is off for repair, but congrats on the publication of your quilt, it's a great design! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect for boys! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT quilt! I am inspired :) Also love yesterdays triangle star block awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is so cute, Melissa. Way to Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw that this morning but was in too much of a rush getting out the door to actually read it and see it was by you. Congrats. It is really adorable. I'll be saving it for sure for the next baby boy that I hear is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very, very cute! This is such a cute line and I love what you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute!! I agree! It is so hard to find boy, and yet not 'baby boy'!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  19. That "On The Go" quilt is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loads of fun, love all the arrows

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from each and every one of you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa