Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A New Video Tutorial - FMQ Traveling Loops and Hearts

Have a little Valentine's projects in the works??  Trying to decide how to finish it up??  If so, you might be in the same boat as I was yesterday.  In finishing up my new Valentines quilt (Tutorial coming to the MBS soon, just waiting to hear on the date :)  I decided to try a new Free Motion Quilting design that would represent this holiday full of love.  So what represent love more than hearts??  So I created a little all over design that travels with loops and has adorable little hearts tied in.   And since I thought it might be helpful to you as well, I made a little video.  Enjoy ;)


I hope this helps in finishing up and of your Valentine's projects :)  Boy oh boy, do I like to procrastinate :)  Nothing like day before the holiday :)
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Just watched the tut. It will help me . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took a FMQ class at my LQS this past Saturday. I need LOTS of practice, but it was fun! I really like your tutorial! It gives me more stuff to practice. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!
    This is going to be SO helpful to me a beginner!
    Love your results! Hugs!

    msstitcher1948@yaho.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I attempted something similar with a runner that I made, but I had no idea what I was doing. =) I guess next time, I'll do a little better. =) Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Melissa. I was just thinking of finding a tutorial for something like this. Perfect timing! It was fun to hear your voice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the demonstration. You make it look so easy! I can see that drawing the pattern on paper before trying it on the machine is a good way to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very helpful video, love the hearts and loops :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial. I like it when you show how to do it on the paper first. Great idea! Thanks for the reminder to get back to free motion. K-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this video. I am still learning how to FMQ. It is so helpful to SEE someone do it. I also love that pattern. Such a fun quilting for a girl quilt!!. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent tutorial thank you for sharing. You make it look so easy and I love hearts so this is something I want to try eventually when I am a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Melissa. I used this technique on my friendship swap bag. I think the best hearts ended up on the bottom, lol! See it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46475752@N05/8515842379/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa