Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Missed This and It's a Him!!

While I loved  my vacation, It was wonderful to get back to my children and home.  It was also wonderful to get back to what my husband has deemed "my 6th child, Bernina".  I spent most of Monday unpacking and catching up.  But come Tuesday naptime, I was so excited to run down to my sewing room and break open these lovelies!!


Out came the rotary cutter, and then I flew through some piecing and even got some quilting started.  I can just show a tiny peek as this is one of those secret projects :)   It felt fantastic to be sewing again.  Sometimes it is fun to take a little break, just to remember, once again, how much I love, love, love quilting!!


I also got some fabulous news upon my return!!  My twin Sister is expecting her second child and she just found out that it is a boy!!  Yippee Skippee!!  Her first baby, little Nancy, received Snuggly Squares and it is hanging above her bed.


This new little arrival will be sharing a room with his big sister so he needs a semi matchy quilt.  And wouldn't you know it, I have been saving some fat quarters of Pure that I picked up from Sweetwater when they were clearing out their remnants.  I have always loved this line and am so excited that it will go perfect with Snuggly Squares but still be all boy!!  

Now to decide on a pattern.  I think I want to keep it squares but change it up a bit.  Luckily for me, the wee one isn't slated to arrive for a while, which is nice because I have a few more of those deadline projects to finish first.  But it sure is going to be fun to have this one in the back of my mind pondering over ideas :)
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Isn't it fun to have someone new to quilt for? And a nephew makes the quilting all the more exciting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and such beautiful fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the PURE line and made a few things out of it for my boys. This new quilt will match perfectly with little Nancy's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a wrapped fat quarter bundle of Pure. It's to be a quilt for my daughter. It's one of Moda's best lines. I am not sure which pattern but it has to be big. I like your squares pattern there. I'm looking forward to the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is good thing I read your blog as the Canadians have NOT been informed of the happy news!!! Tell Jenn congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know if you need any more Pure. I picked up some up about a year ago and I have yet to use them. I would be more than happy to give them to be used on a new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your husband calls your Bernina your 6th child! Does yours have a name? My machine does! Glad that you got some R&R (Aloha style) :0)
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabrics look great for a new wee one. I really like the pattern of that other one. Have one to make for July ummmmmm. Fun to plan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa